Certified Rigger Level 2 Training
We now offer both On-Site and Online Rigger Level 2 courses.
Certified Rigger Level 2 Training is now available ONLINE. This 12 hour course combines interactive live instruction with independent study and is an excellent Journeyman-Level training program designed to ensure that rigging personnel meet OSHA’s standards to be a “Qualified Rigger”.
The online course consists of 4 3-hour classes conveniently scheduled every Thursday evening from 6 pm – 9 pm Eastern time beginning August 6th. The classes are conducted using Zoom video meetings.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE AND PASSING THE EXAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- PLATINUM WALLET CARD VALID FOR 3 YEARS
- HARD HAT STICKER
- AMERICAN CRANE AND SAFETY HAT
Class Dates and Times:
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:00pm – 9:00pm EST
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:00pm – 9:00pm EST
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:00pm – 9:00pm EST
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 6:00pm – 9:00pm EST
- Tuesday September 15, 2020 7:00pm – 9:00pm EST
You must attend all dates above to complete this course. If you cannot attend one of these dates, please call our office to make arrangements.
All participants must have completed and passed:
- American Crane and Safety Level 1 Rigging and Signaling training programs.
- A minimum of two years of rigging experience.
- The mathematical skills to calculate tensions.
Certified Rigger Level 2 Training Course Material
- SAFETY STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS
- CRANE AWARNESS TRAINING
- CALCULATING LOADS WORKSHEETS
- LIFTING BEAMS AND SPREADER BEAMS
- DRIFTING LOADS CALCULATIONS
- ACCIDENT CASE STUDIES
- RIGGING PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
- CALCULATING TENSIONS
- DETERMINING THE DIMENSIONS OF RIGHT TRIANGLES
- CRITICAL LIFT PLANS
- JACKING AND MOVING LOADS
- CRANE SAFETY PLANS
- CRANE BASICS OPERATION AND LIMITATIONS
- DOCUMENTATION OF RIGGERS AND SIGNAL PERSON
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- WORKING FROM BASKETS
Master Rigger Training
The Master Rigger is just below the Lift Director. This person must have an extremely good skill set in regard to lifting and moving of extremely heavy or complicated pieces. The Master Rigger must have good academic training and the skill set necessary to help design the rigging project and direct the Journeyman Rigger. He/she must also have the ability to work with engineers to help make determinations as to the strengths of attachment points and the item being lifted.
Master Rigger Class Prerequsites
Requires at least 2 years of crane and rigging experience.
Master Rigger Training Course Material
Designed to qualify you as a Master Rigger, our 1 day course teaches advanced rigging principles and methods. You will learn how to tail, drift, jack and roll a load, mutable crane lifts, and 2 crane lifts. The ACS Master Rigger Training covers the following topics:
- OSHA regulations
- ASME regulations
- Load Turning
- Tail, drift, jack and roll load principles
- Spreader beams and spreader bars
- Mutable Crane Lifts
- 2 crane picks
- Tuggers and Winches
- Rolling devices and Air Pads