Overhead Crane and Hoist Operator Training
This course covers the information needed to operate overhead bridge cranes, gantry cranes, monorails and jib cranes along with the skills and knowledge needed to conduct pre-operational inspections, basic rigging skills needed to rig and lift loads, calculating load weight and the skills needed to swing and control loads along with practical rigging and crane training.
Overhead Crane and Hoist Operator Training Course Material
Our Overhead Crane and Hoist Operator Training course covers the following topics related to proper operation of overhead bridge cranes, gantry cranes, monorails and jib cranes.
- Standards and regulations
- Reporting deficiencies to supervisors
- Hazard identification
- Calculating load weight
- Rigging the load
- Crane manufacturers specifications information
- Manufacturers operating instructions
- Preoperational inspections
- Function testing
- Lock/out tag/out requirements
- Emergency shutdown procedures
- Proper labeling and warning signs
- Load control taglines
- Limiting and warning devices
- Hook Block and latch requirements
- Warning systems
- Shock loading
- Bumper stop requirements
Need more information about our Overhead Crane Course?
Give us some information about your training need and we’ll email or call you back.